Thursday 11 May 2017

I came to Lagos a sinner - Pastor Enoch Adeboye

The general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God Enoch Adeboye has said that he came to Lagos state a sinner.

Speaking in a video on the Lagos at 50: My Lagos story, Adeboye thanked God for his life and what Lagos has become so far.

"My name is Pastor Enoch Adeboye. I am the general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God Worldwide," the Pastor said.

"This is my Lagos story:: I came to Lagos state to dwell for the first time in 1969. I came in as a post graduate student of mathematics at the university of Lagos to study for my master's degree.

"Today, by the grace of God, I want to thank God for what God has done for me in Lagos state because today I'm the only person with three postgraduate degrees of the university of Lagos; in M.Sc, a P.hD and then an Honorary degree," Pastor Adeboye said.

He added: "But that's not all that God did for me in Lagos state, I came to Lagos state as a sinner.

But I got born again in Lagos state in 1973.

"It is in Lagos state that I was ordained a pastor in 1975. It is Lagos state that I became the general overseer of the Redeemed Church of God in 1981," he said.

When I became the general overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God in 1981, the entire Redeemed Christian Church of God is made up of 40 churches," the Pastor added.

He also noted that the RCCG in Lagos state alone is over a thousand.

Thanking God for all he has achieved, Adeboye said God has been very good to him since he came to Lagos state.

"The atmosphere in Lagos allows for anyone to practice his religion, to do it without any hindrance, without any problem at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Femi Otedola, Nigerian billionaire and Chairman of Geregu Power Plc, visits Dangote refinery in Lekki, Lagos.