Wednesday 11 October 2017

Judas and Jesus (2)

Here we go again, continued from our previous episode. Hope these teachings are blessing you insightfully and uniquely? I do hope so.

One of the tests of the credibility of a prophet is fulfillment: “But you may wonder, ‘How will we know whether or not a prophecy is from the Lord?’ Here’s how: If what the prophet spoke in God’s name doesn’t happen, then obviously God wasn’t behind it; the prophet made it up. Forget about him.” (Deuteronomy 18:21-22 NLT, MSG) If Judas didn’t act according to prophecy the credibility of both Zechariah and David was at stake.

Zechariah’s prophecy came 500 years before the event! He literally “saw” Judas bargaining with the high priests – saw a raw video feed.

In that video feed Judas was talking to someone: “Then I addressed them: ‘Pay me what you think I’m worth.’ They paid me an insulting sum, counting out thirty silver coins.” (Zechariah 11:12)

It’s obvious from this prophetic video feed Judas felt underappreciated, even felt insulted by the amount paid for his treachery.

But according to Mathew Judas was the one who approached the religious leaders with the proposal to betray Jesus: “What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?” (Matthew 26:15 AMP) That in itself points to an exaggerated sense of self-importance. As prophesied by Zechariah they did pay him thirty pieces of silver. Mathew says from that time on Judas began to look for an opportunity to betray Jesus.

However Judas suffered a murderer’s remorse and decided to return the money. This was Mathew’s account: “Judas, the one who betrayed him realized that Jesus was doomed.

Overcome with remorse, he gave back the thirty silver coins to the high priests, saying, ‘I’ve sinned. I’ve betrayed an innocent man.’ They said, ‘What do we care? That’s your problem!’ Judas threw the silver coins into the temple and left.

Then he went out and hung himself.” (Matthew 27:3-5). Amazingly, Zechariah recorded this same scene. He even captured Judas’ thoughts. (He must have hung himself right after this): “Throw it into the poor box.

This stingy wage was all they thought of me and my work!” So I took the thirty silver coins and threw them into the poor box in God’s Temple.” (Zechariah 11:13).

How did Jesus feel about the whole thing? Well, David tells us in his prophecy: “Even my close friend, in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted his heel against me.” (Psalm 41:9) And we see eerie fulfillment of that prophecy in the Book of John. Jesus used those exact words: “He who eats my bread with me has raised up his heel against me.” (John 13:18) And when the disciples wondered about the identity of this betrayer Jesus replied and acted out the words of the prophecy: ‘“It is the one to whom I give the bread I dip in the bowl.” And when he had dipped it, he gave it to Judas, son of Simon Iscariot. When Judas had eaten the bread, Satan entered him…”’ (John 13:26).

Now, here’s the implication of the failure of the prophecies about Judas: if the prophetic credibility of David and Zechariah fail we must call their other writings into question.
Which goes to the credibility of the Christian faith and the Bible. The books of Psalms and Zechariah must necessarily lose potency. At best they’d be history textbooks, though Psalms will double as a collection of poems and rap songs.

I degree in the name of Jesus, every prophecy concerning your life would find fulfilment from now henceforth. You will record victories and seccesses in your own life in the name of Jesus.

You are Blessed, Shalom!
To be Continued...

- Chris OMATSOLA (Zionwealth Of Life Assembly)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Femi Otedola, Nigerian billionaire and Chairman of Geregu Power Plc, visits Dangote refinery in Lekki, Lagos.